Court proceedings continued in death case

By on February 12, 2009

by Martha Quetsch
Court cases for three people indicted Jan. 13 in connection with the 2007 death of 17-year-old Michael York of Elburn have been continued so that their lawyers can gather information for their defense.

Meantime, police are continuing their investigation and are seeking tips from anyone with knowledge of what happened the weekend of Dec. 14 (2007), when York died, St. Charles Police Sgt. Jerry Gatlin said.

The individuals charged in connection with the incident are Jordan D. Billek, 18, of Maple Park, on one count of obstructing justice; Lindsey Parker, 23, of St. Charles, on one count of obstructing justice; and Nathan L. Green, 22, of Maple Park, on one count of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, a Class 2 felony, and one count of obstructing justice.

Billek’s case was continued from last Friday until March 11 for purposes of discovery, according to the Kane County State’s Attorney’s office. Green’s next court date is Friday, Feb. 13; Parker’s is March 17.

On Jan. 21, Billek surrendered at the Kane County Sheriff’s Department. On Jan. 22, Green was taken into custody by Kane County Sheriff’s deputies in Chicago. Parker surrendered to authorities at the St. Charles Police Department.

Green pleaded not guilty Jan. 30 in front of Kane County Judge Robert Spence. Green remains in the Kane County Jail, having not posted bond on $100,000 bail.

Parker and Billek have not yet been arraigned or entered pleas. Billek posted $2,000 bond on $20,000 bail and was released shortly after his arrest, as was the case for Parker, who posted $500 bond on $5,000 bail.

The Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office alleges that Billek, Parker, Green and York were together at Parker’s St. Charles home. York injected heroin supplied by Green, and later lost consciousness and died.

In the mid-morning hours of Dec. 16, Parker discovered York deceased in a guest bedroom. After Parker, Green and Billek discussed how to remove York’s body from Parker’s home, Billek and Green drove York to Chicago and left his body in an alley on the west side.

York’s body was discovered by a passerby, who called Chicago police. Cook County authorities were unable to determine a cause of death, which is why no one at this time has been directly charged with York’s death.

Sgt. Gatlin has received several calls about the case, but most of the information they supplied was not directly related to it.

Anyone with information should call Sgt. Jerry Gatlin at (630) 443-3739.