Alarm companies need notice of dispatch switch

By on May 14, 2010

ELBURN—The Elburn Police Department will switch its emergency dispatch services on Tuesday, June 1, but residents still should call 9-1-1 in cases of emergency.

Currently, police dispatch services are provided by the Kane County Sheriff’s Department Emergency Communications Center (KaneComm). The switch will move these services to Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com) in St. Charles. All 9-1-1 calls automatically will go to KaneComm.

Residents and businesses should notify their alarm companies when the switch-over takes place. The alarm providers will need to contact Tri-Com instead of KaneComm when an alarm is activated. Contact the village of Elburn at (630) 365-5060 to obtain the telephone number that the alarm companies will need to call.

The Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District has received its dispatch services from Tri-Com since 2000. Moving the police dispatch services to Tri-Com will consolidate all emergency dispatch services for the village of Elburn in one place, thereby improving the coordination of emergency response between the police and fire departments, village officials said.