Gov. Quinn deserves more credit; and your vote

By on October 28, 2010

Sometimes the person doing all of the hard work gets all of the criticism and none of the credit. Gov. Pat Quinn helped bring 1,200 Illinois jobs to Ford, an American car company. He has invested in infrastructure, he’s helped homeowners and has honored our veterans. Gov. Quinn has been in the trenches, and along with Sheila Simon, will continue to move Illinois forward.

Gov. Quinn’s vision is of an Illinois that grows more jobs, fosters more new businesses and becomes more attractive and competitive on the global playing field. His vision is of an Illinois where commerce flourishes and families prosper—and where hard-working men and women have the opportunity to have jobs, to be paid good wages for their labor and to advance in their careers.

Gov. Quinn believes that equal work should be rewarded with equal pay, and firmly stands against salary discrimination based on gender. Gov. Quinn has worked to double the number of charter schools in Illinois, and he has established a task force to increase academic and financial accountability at those schools. I support Pat Quinn and will be voting for him on Nov. 2, hope you will too. Illinois needs a governor with his integrity.

Alan and Linda Mullenbach
Oswego, Ill.

1. hellostuman

October 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I’m sure that the 2000+ plus felons that he released from prison early will vote for him!

2. RM

October 31, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I thought convicted felons couldn’t vote! Brady certainly has nothing to offer. He’s shady and a Republican. That’s a big NO in my book.

3. hellostuman

November 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Felons can’t vote? In Illinois!? HAHAHAHA that’s a good one!

It’s cute how naive you are….I bet you think that dead people don’t vote in Illinois either?

“The Chicago Board of Elections hand delivers 2,600 ballots to the jail”, but they can’t get the military ballots out on time but.

Talk about “shady”!

4. RM

November 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

The policy for allowing convicted felons to vote varies from state to state and I happen to have lived in 5 different states. In Illinois incarcerated FELONS can’t vote but may resume voting after release. Dead people don’t vote. Live people may fraudulently vote using a dead person’s name but NO person has actually voted while dead. I’m not as naive as you’d like to believe.

5. hellostuman

November 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM

So, thanks for helping me prove my point. Since the 2,000+ convicted felons are no longer incarcerated (like they should be!), but released, then they probably will vote for their pide piper.

6. RM

November 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM

This may come as a shock to you but felons have been getting out of prison for decades.