Police blotter for Dec. 17
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Caroline R. Kunold, 19, of the 1200 block of Hart Road, Batavia, was charged with unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor, speeding, operating a vehicle without proper registration and operating a vehicle without insurance after Elburn Police stopped her on Keslinger Road and Johnson Street in Elburn on Nov. 28 at 5:06 a.m. Her passenger, Nicholas L. Janacek, 19, of Aurora, was also charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Jessica R. Alonzo, 21, of the 1400 block of Blackberry Creek Drive, Elburn, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:27 a.m. on Nov. 27, after Elburn police stopped her on Keslinger Road near Pouley Road. She was also charged with operating an uninsured vehicle, improper lane usage, and received a warning for driving without a rear license plate. Elburn police stopped the vehicle after observing the vehicle did not have a rear license plate light.
• Rashena D. Hannah, 21, of the 2300 block of W. Eves Circle, DeKalb, was charged Nov. 24 at 11:10 p.m. for driving on a suspended license, operating an uninsured vehicle and driving without headlights when required. A court date was set for Jan. 7 in Geneva.
• Liedgrin E. McGee, 28, of the 1300 block of Brandywine Circle, Batavia, was arrested at 2:39 p.m. on Nov. 24 by Elburn Police on a warrant out of the Aurora Police Department for retail theft.
• Walter E. Mills, 45, of the 1500 block of Hinckley Road, Maple Park, was arrested shortly before 10 p.m. on Nov. 24 by Elburn Police on a failure to appear warrant out of Kendall County.
• Mark A. Pfister, 48, of the 400 block of 8th Street, Rochelle, was arrested for driving on a suspended license, operating an uninsured vehicle and speeding. Elburn police stopped Pfister on Anderson Road at 10:15 a.m. on Nov. 28 after they observed his vehicle traveling at 44 mph in a 30 mph zone.
• Valientino M. D. Coates, 22, of the 6200 block of King Drive, Chicago, was charged with driving without a valid license and speeding. Elburn police stopped Coates at 9:24 p.m. on Dec. 4 on Keslinger Road for traveling 48 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Guinevere K. Halsey, 41, of the 800 block of Shepherd Lane, Elburn, was charged at 1:04 p.m. on Dec. 4 with driving under the influence of alcohol after Elburn police stopped her on First Street at Lilac Street. Halsey was also charged with disobeying a stop sign.
• Timothy P. Routson, 41, of the 43W000 block of Thorndon Ridge Road, Elburn, was arrested on a warrant out of the Kane County Court for contempt of court on Dec. 14 at 4:46 a.m.
• Michael J. Grex, 29, of the 400 block of W. Shannon Street, Elburn, was charged at 6:57 p.m. on Dec. 11 with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a hypodermic syringe. Elburn police stopped and approached Grex’s vehicle, which was pulled onto the side of Anderson Road in Elburn. When police approached the vehicle to see if everything was OK, they observed Grex’s hands at the center console with a spoon that contained an unknown substance, a cigarette lighter and a syringe. When police asked what he was doing, Grex responded “heroin.”
• Knostandinos C. Hronopoulos, 24, of the 6S000 block of Timberlane Drive, Naperville, Ill., was charged with driving while his license was suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and no rear registration plate light. Elburn police stopped Hronopoulos at 1:52 a.m. Dec. 12 on Keslinger Road after noticing the rear vehicle license plate light was out.
• Matthew R. Markel, 31, of the 200 block of E. Shannon St., Elburn, was charged with operating a vehicle with suspended insurance, operating an uninsured vehicle, operating on a foreign license while suspended and loud exhaust. Elburn police stopped Markel shortly after midnight on Dec. 11 on Route 47 for having loud exhaust.
• A resident of the 43W400 block of KaDeKa Road in Sugar Grove reported to police that he was attacked outside his home in an attempted armed robbery around 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 30. The assailants struck the man with a hard, blunt object and attempted to take his wallet and phone. The man was able to stand back up before they could take it, and the assailants ran away. The victim was unable to provide a description of the assailants.
• A resident of the 0-100 block of Main Street, Sugar Grove, reported a license plate had been stolen from a flatbed trailer, which was parked next to the residence. It was noticed missing Dec. 2.
• Constance J. Noral, 52, of the 7400 block of Camale Dr., Pensacola, Fla., was charged with driving while license suspended and driving the wrong way on a one-way street on Dec. 4 at 3:37 p.m. She was pulled over after turning the wrong way onto the eastbound Route 56 exit ramp, nearly hitting a patrolman.
• Robert A. Valdez, 52, of the 2S100 block of Harter Road, Kaneville, was arrested for violating an order of protection during the early morning hours of Dec. 5.
• Tiffani R. Bornhorst, 20, of the 400 block of North Third Street, DeKalb, was charged on Dec. 11 at 8:30 a.m. with driving with no front license plate, driving on a suspended license and operating an uninsured vehicle on Route 47 near Waubonsee Drive. A court date was set for Jan. 7, 2011, in Aurora.
• Sugar Grove police reported an attempted residential burglary occurred on the 300 block of Gillette Street, Sugar Grove, at 1:49 p.m. on Dec. 14. A basement window had been broken from the outside of the home. No entry occurred during the incident.