Dec. 24 police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Jerry M. Kolacinski, 59, of the 7N000 block of Gary Court in St. Charles, was charged Dec. 17 at 12:25 a.m. with DUI, DUI over .08 and for following too closely after Elburn police stopped him on Route 47 between Shannon Street and Route 38.
• A resident of the 400 block of Banbury Avenue in Elburn reported that someone had punctured the rear right tire of his automobile multiple times sometime between the evening of Dec. 16 and when she drove it Dec. 17 shortly after 2 p.m.
• A resident of the 200 block of Amie Street in Hinckley reported that his car had been damaged overnight Dec. 19 when it was parked at a residence on the 200 block of N. Third Street in Elburn. The car sustained damage to the rear passenger-side window, and the hood, driver’s door and rear deck lid were dented.
• Dijon R. Grissette, 37, of the 200 block of Maple Street, Sugar Grove, was sentenced Dec. 17 by Circuit Judge Thomas E. Mueller to six years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Grissette was convicted Aug. 16, 2010, by a Kane County jury, of one count of aggravated battery to a corrections officer, a Class 2 felony.
At about 9:30 a.m. on May 20, 2009, Grissette was being escorted by two corrections officers back to his holding area at the Kane County jail. After Grissette was placed in his cell and corrections officers began to remove his cuffs and shackles, Grissette began to make threats against the two corrections officers, and then struck one of the officers while continuing to make threats. Grissette eventually was subdued with the help of additional officers and pepper spray, although he continued to make threats at the officers. No one was seriously injured in the incident.
According to Illinois law, Grissette was given day-for-day sentencing. Grissette was given credit for 230 days served in the Kane County jail.
• On Dec. 13, Sugar Grove police were informed of an incident at Waubonsee Community College, where a man exited his vehicle wearing no pants. A female student provided a description of the man, his vehicle and the vehicle’s license plate.
Sugar Grove police stopped the vehicle in the parking lot of the Jewel-Osco on Galena Road and Route 47, and the vehicle was spotted on Park Avenue. After being questioned, the man admitted that he had been on the Waubonsee campus. Sugar Grove police contacted Waubonsee campus police, since the reported incident occurred outside of Sugar Grove police jurisdiction.
The man was released from the scene pending contact with the complainant in-person. No arrest was made as of press time.
• Christopher K. Murre, 20, of the 200 block of Chatsworth Avenue in Sugar Grove, was arrested at 11 p.m. on Dec. 14 on two in-state warrants, out of Will and DuPage counties, after Sugar Grove police responded to an open 911 call. He was unable to post bond at the time of arrest, and was transported to the Kane County Jail to await bond or transport to either DuPage or Will county jail.
• Aderemi A. Olowo, 50, of the 600 block of Wilson St. in Waterman, Ill., was arrested at 6 p.m. on Dec. 14 for expired registration, operating an uninsured vehicle, and an in-state warrant out of Will County. Sugar Grove police stopped Olowo after running her license plates and seeing they came back expired. A court date of Jan. 21 was set in Aurora.
• Someone broke two windows at a Fox Metro pumping station located on Galena Boulevard, between Dec. 15 and Dec. 17. A rock and a three-pound dumbbell were used to break the windows. The dumbbell was taken as evidence to see if fingerprints could be extracted. No damage estimate was given.
• Jesse Eichelberger, 20, of the 900 block of Lakeridge Court in Sugar Grove, was arrested Dec. 19 shortly before 1 a.m. for improper lane usage, DUI, and DUI over .08. Sugar Grove police stopped Eichelberger after he was clocked travelling 57 mph in a 45 mp. zone on Galena Boulevard.
• More than $3,000 worth of damage was reported to Christmas decorations at a home on the 100 block of Oxford Avenue in Sugar Grove on Dec. 19. A six-foot-tall Santa figure, valued at $750, a six-foot-tall Frosty the Snowman figure, valued at $750, and a white wire reindeer, valued at $30, were stolen from the property. Christmas lights were also cut, a wooden candy cane arch, wooden sled, and another white wire reindeer were damaged.