Jan. 14 police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Aashik R. Thakkar, 19, of the 1200 block of Kings Circle in West Chicago, Ill., was charged on Jan. 9 at 1:15 p.m. with operating an uninsured vehicle, driving while his license was suspended and no front license plate. Thakkar was also arrested on a warrant out of DuPage County for failure to appear in court on traffic charges. Thakkar posted bond.
• George E. Caputo Sr., 63, of the 100 block of Brompton Lane in Sugar Grove, was arrested Jan. 8 at 9:22 a.m. for disorderly conduct and public intoxication at the Sugar Grove Jewel-Osco.
• Jenelle H. Dail, 23, of the first block of Walnut Street, Carpentersville, Ill, turned herself into Sugar Grove police on an outstanding warrant Jan. 8. She was unable to post bond and was charged with unlawful use of a credit card and receiving the credit card of another. She was transported to the Kane County Jail to await a bond hearing.
• Michael J. Caponi, 32, of the 1100 block of Hecker Court in Elgin, Ill., was arrested shortly after 3 p.m. on Jan. 10 for driving on a suspended license and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• The Kane County Sheriff’s Department announced on Jan. 5 that Kane County Court Security Officers discovered on Dec. 30, 2010, that an inmate had spent the night in a holding cell at the Kane County Courthouse on Route 38 in St. Charles.
The cell is not normally used to house inmates when court is not in session. On Dec. 29, 2010, the inmate, Husan Smith, had been sentenced by Judge Sheldon to four days in the Kane County Adult Corrections Center. After he was located, Smith was taken to the Kane County Adult Corrections Center and did not require medical attention.
Kane County Sheriff Patrick Perez has ordered the Office of Professional Standards open an investigation into the incident. Smith was released from custody on Jan. 1, 2011.
Due to the pending nature of the investigation, no further details are available for release.
• A Sugar Grove resident, James M. Carroll, 27, was pronounced deceased at an area hospital following a traffic accident on Jan. 3.
At 6:45 a.m. on Jan. 3, Kane County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to the area of Corron Road south of Bowes Road in unincorporated Plato Township for a report of a traffic crash with injuries.
The initial investigation indicated that a 2010 Audi, driven by Carroll, was traveling north on Corron Road and for an unknown reason left the roadway. When the Audi re-entered the road it crossed over the center line and entered the southbound lane of traffic. Upon entering the southbound lane of traffic, the Audi struck a 2010 Mitsubishi head on. The Mitsubishi was traveling south on Corron Road.
The drivers of both vehicles were the sole occupants of their vehicle. They were both transported to St. Joes hospital in Elgin.
The driver of the Mitsubishi, Jeremy G. Lindsay, 30, of Algonquin, Ill., was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
According to the Sheriff’s Department, no tickets have been issued and it does not appear that drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.