KC announces Senior Citizens Tax Deferral program
KANE COUNTY—Kane County Treasurer David J. Rickert reminds senior citizens that real estate tax deferral applications are available through the Kane County Treasurer’s Office. This program permits qualified senior citizens to defer their real estate taxes. Once completed, these forms should be returned to the Treasurer’s Office on or before March 1, 2011. To qualify, a senior citizen must:
• Be 65 or older by June 1, 2011.
• Have a total household income of $50,000 or less.
• Have lived on the property for at least three years
• Not owe any delinquent property taxes
• Have proof of homeowners insurance.
• Have no outstanding property taxes or special assessments
If you have a mortgage, you should also submit proof that your agreement allows you to participate in the Senior Tax Deferral program.
Forms may be picked up at the treasurer’s office at 719 Batavia Ave., Building (A), in Geneva, or they may be obtained by mail. People needing assistance or advice may contact Della Winckler at the treasurer’s office, (630) 232-3565.