Kane County Recycling Extravaganza set for Saturday
ST. CHARLES—Kane County will host a free residential recycling and document shredding event from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, at 540 S Randall Road in St. Charles.
The county will be collecting for reuse or recycling:
• Electronics and books
• Bikes, bike parts, helmets, bike baskets, sewing machines
• Mobility devices: wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, leg braces, scooters
• Fluorescent lamps (four foot tubes)
• Clothes, linens, curtains, paired shoes, hats, ties, belts, purses, backpacks, stuffed animals, plush toys
• Carpet and carpet padding (the speckled kind)
• Latex paint: No oil-based product will be accepted. Please note: Latex paint is the only item that has a recycling fee per container, payable by the resident with cash or check
Residential document shredding
Confidential document destruction will also be available, as the county will have two document shredding service trucks on site for residential use only (no businesses). Staples, paperclips, envelope windows are okay to leave in. Remove all large binder clips and plastic folders. Please do not bring periodicals, or other paper that does not need to be shredded and can go in your household recycling bin. All paper collected will be shredded on site and then taken for recycling. You can watch it being shredded.
What will not be collected:
• Oil, paint, or other household hazardous waste will not be accepted at this event.
• Styrofoam will not be accepted at this event.
Kane County continues to hold its Monthly Electronics and Book Recycling Collection Events at 540 S Randall Road, St. Charles, on the second Saturday of every month, between 8 a.m. and noon.